Rockland: Lunchtime Culinary Walking Tour
Join us for a tasty culinary walking tour in historic downtown Rockland!
- You may already have heard about the culinary scene here, and it is well worth the praise. From farm to table freshness and seafood right off the shore, award winning chefs and creative brewers of all kinds, chocolatiers, candy makers, and more, this town has something for every taste bud to enjoy.
- The mid-coast culinary talent goes way back in time. Did you know… that a diner owner in Rockland lays claims to the creation of the first lobster roll? That a former resident of the town invented, not the donut, but the hole in the donut? And, a man known as the “father of coffee breaks” in the early 1800’s hails from Rockland? He got his workers off the “grog” and onto the grounds!
- Learn a bit about the history and a whole lot of the current culinary scene on this 3-hour lunchtime tour. We will entertain and educate you while you enjoy the local flavors and talents of the town.
Tastings will fill you up for lunch with a wide variety of favorites in town, featuring all of the following:
- Lobster rolls from fresh lobsters caught off off the coast of Owls Head
- Local haddock reuben with onion rings
- Your choice of an award-winning Maine craft beer
- Locally sourced soups prepared daily with choice of vegan, gluten-free and more
- EVOO and carefully aged balsamics
- Specialty award-winning chocolate made right in Rockland
Meeting Location: Tours meet in front of Clan MacLaren at 397 Main Street, Rockland, ME.
Note: Main Street is one way heading North.
Please note: Due to the outdoor nature of this tour, we will cancel and rain check or refund on rainy days. We will provide a notice to you no later than 9:15 in the morning.