Portland: Savor & Saunter The East End
Friday and Saturday Lunchtime | 3 hours
- Person 21+
A Neighborhood Revitalized by Food!
Portland’s growing hot spot for new restaurants, distillers, oyster shuckers, brewers, roasters, smokers, bakers, cheesemongers and more is on Munjoy Hill, along Washington Ave. and East Bayside! There are culinary entrepreneurs opening up left and right and this tour visits a rotating variety of the fresh faces and places while highlighting all the culinary pioneers in this newly revitalized area for wining and dining.
This moveable feast will begin at the bottom of Munjoy Hill, across from the historic Eastern Cemetery. You walk will include a tasty combination of foods and beverages such as; hot and flaky galettes, the “real” italian submarine, Maine frites cooked in duck fat, sausage or kale handrolls, and more, each enjoyed with craft beer, craft kombucha, topped off with cashew butter ice cream or fruit sorbet. There is a lot of variety in the area and tour offerings evolve to experience and support the culinary community.
We’ll recommend notable restaurants (open for dinner only) along the route, as you’ll, no doubt, want to return or stay and make a night of it in this neighborhood with additional tastings at several distilleries, restaurants and breweries. There is often live music and outdoor activities to enjoy.
Details about the Tour
– Appx. 3 hours and a total walk of about a mile.
– Included: All food and beverage tastings associated with the tour and the services of a local tour guide. Tips for your guide are not included but appreciated when you have a great time!
– Visits 5-6 locales
– Who: All ages, as we do visit craft beverage creators (with select non-alcoholic options available) 21+ must have their IDs present
– Weather: Tour takes place rain, snow or shine.
What to Wear and Where to Meet
– Wear: Comfortable clothing and your walkin’ shoes.
– Where: Tour meets in front of LB Kitchen, 255 Congress Street in Portland *(advanced tickets required)*
Makes A Great Outing for Friends, Family and Teams!
– If you’ve got a group of friends, family or co-workers who’d enjoy a taste of the town, we offer this itinerary to groups as a private tour. Just contact us!
There is gluten, seafood, poultry, pork, honey, eggs, dairy and more regularly served on this tour as we visit a mix of specialty artisanal shops, restaurants and craft beverage creators. NO alternatives are provided on for this experience except non-alcoholic alternatives if/where possible.
If you have sensitivity or preference related to gluten (not celiac), seafood, nuts or vegetarian we do our best to provide alternatives for these on our Old Port Culinary Walking Tour
All food and beverages curated as part of this tour by Maine Foodie Tours, gratuity at locations and for servers/bartenders and a knowledgeable, local guide.
Gratuity for your guide is excluded, but appreciated when you have a great time!
If you have a group of friends, family, club members or co-workers who’d enjoy a the Bon Appetite Tour as an exclusive experience we offer this itinerary to groups of 8 or more as a private tour.